As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Embarking on the thrilling journey of owning an Aventon Pace 500 Electric Bike opens up a world of adventure and convenience. To ensure that your rides are uninterrupted and your bike’s battery remains in peak condition, mastering the art of charging is essential.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of charging your Aventon Pace 500, including some invaluable tips and insights to keep your electric bike in top-notch shape.
Overview of the Aventon Pace 500
Before delving into the charging process, let’s take a moment to appreciate the Aventon Pace 500’s features. This class 3 electric bike boasts a blend of affordability and quality components, offering a comfortable riding experience with a top speed of 28mph, hydraulic disc brakes, and a sleek design.
Powered by a lithium-ion 48V, 11.6Ah (556.8Wh) battery with Samsung Cells, the Aventon Pace 500 provides a range of 25 to 60 miles, making it a reliable companion for both short commutes and extended rides.
Charging your aventon pace 500 e-bike While Attached to the Bike
Charging your Aventon Pace 500 with the battery attached is a straightforward process.
- Open the cover on the downtube of the bike.
- Plug the charging cable into the e-bike and then into the wall outlet.
- The charging indicator light will turn red during the charging process.
- Upon completion, one indicator light on the charger will turn green.
Detached battery to charge your Aventon Pace 500 e-bike
If you prefer to charge the battery separately:
- Unlock and remove the battery from the downtube using the provided keys.
- Locate the charging port on the bottom of the battery.
- Connect the charging cable to the battery and then to the wall outlet.
- Monitor the indicator lights on the battery; they show a solid or flashing light.
- Once fully charged, the indicator will either display a steady light or stop flashing.
- Unplug the charger from the outlet and the battery’s charging port.
- Reinstall the charged battery into the e-bike frame.
Aventon Pace 500 Charging Time
Understanding the charging time is crucial for planning your rides. To fully charge the Aventon Pace 500 battery, allocate 4 to 5 hours. This moderate charging time ensures your bike is ready for extended adventures without compromising its battery lifespan.
Checking Battery Percentage
The Aventon Pace 500 comes equipped with indicator lights to help you monitor the battery percentage.
- Blue Light: 66% to 100%
- Green Light: 33% to 66%
- Red Light: Less than 33%
Storing Your Aventon Bike Battery
Proper storage is key to maintaining battery health.
- Ensure the battery and bike are turned off.
- Store the battery in a climate-controlled, dry indoor location (32°F to 104°F).
- Avoid water, dampness, and humidity.
- Never store the battery on an empty charge.
- Before long-term storage, charge the battery to 75–80% and check it monthly.
Charging Tips for Aventon Bike Batteries
Follow these tips for optimal battery care:
- Charge in a temperature-controlled environment (32°F–104°F).
- Charge on a flat, hard surface indoors.
- Avoid overcharging to preserve battery capacity.
- Unplug the battery promptly when the indicator shows a completed charge.
What to Do If Your Aventon Battery Is Submerged
Aventon e-bikes aren’t designed for water submersion. If the battery gets submerged, there’s a risk to its potency and electric components. Exercise caution and avoid exposing your bike to water.
Charging your Aventon Pace 500 electric bike is a breeze when armed with the right knowledge. By following these step-by-step instructions and incorporating the provided tips into your routine, you’ll not only charge your bike efficiently but also extend its overall lifespan.
Enjoy the freedom of the open road, knowing that your Aventon Pace 500 is charged, primed, and ready for your next exhilarating ride.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.